Welcome Back !
Dear parents and students:
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to a productive and rewarding school year! Our rigorous high school math course is academically challenging and requires time, effort, communication and dedication from all of us. I know that together we will be very successful. Please feel free to contact me at any time should you have any concerns. My email is
I am looking forward to an outstanding school year!
- Supplies: Your child has been given a list of school supplies. Please try to have all supplies in school as soon as possible. Throughout the year, these supplies may need replenishing. Check with your child periodically to see if he/she needs to replace any of these items.
- Electronic Gradebook: Your child’s test papers and graded assignments are kept at school in their file. If you would like to see these papers, please call to schedule a conference. Please keep in mind, however, that even though these papers are not sent home, your child is kept up to date on his or her grades. They can and should communicate this information to you at all times. You also have access to all of your child’s grades through the electronic gradebook and the parent viewer.
- Conferences: This year your child will have the opportunity to be instructed by an outstanding team of educators. If at any time you wish to schedule a conference concerning your child’s progress, we can meet with you individually or as a group. To schedule a conference, please e-mail your child's teacher or send a note with your child, and we will get back to you as soon as possible with convenient dates and times for the conference.
- Home Learning: Home Learning is assigned Monday through Friday. It is an important part of the learning process and it is a reinforcement of skills learned in class. Please check with your child daily to make sure he/she is completing and handing in these assignments. You will receive emails when home learning is not completed or turned in on time.
- Responsibility: It is expected that our middle school students are responsible and independent. This includes turning in classwork and home learning on time, coming to school on time, transitioning between classes quickly and remembering their supplies and lunch or lunch money.
- Technology: The math books and many other resources are available online. Your child will also be assigned technology projects and other internet-based activities. Please notify the teacher immediately if your child does not have access to a computer with internet at home.
Ms. M. Gonzalez